All ministries abhor child sexual abuse … and most claim to have ‘zero-tolerance’ for abuse, but there is a difference between opposition to abuse in concept and having preventative, proactive initiatives in place.
After years of litigating sexual abuse cases, Gregory Love and Kimberlee Norris founded Abuse Prevention Systems to help churches reduce the risk of sexual abuse. To address this risk, every church should have a system of protection in place.
Abuse Prevention Systems provides state-of-the-art tools and trainings created by sexual abuse attorneys with extensive knowledge of standards of care and evolving best practices.
Why are children at risk in church?
Church members want to believe that their church, their children’s ministry and their youth programs are safe. They believe that sexual abuse would never happen in their church, in their building. Abusers take advantage of this environment of trust, especially where few safety measures are in place.
What should churches do to prevent sexual abuse?
Abuse Prevention Systems provides unique resources for church ministry programs, including:
- Sexual Abuse Awareness Training for staff members and volunteers
- Sample forms for applications, references and interviews as part of the Skillful Screening Process
- Safety Policy and Procedures tailored to various ministry programs that dovetail with Sexual Abuse Awareness Training
- Background Checks adapted by client to fit position
- The Abuse Prevention Systems online Control Panel, giving administrators the ability to easily monitor the 5-Part Safety System
"We can’t eliminate all risk in our ministry programs, but with the tools and training provided by MinistrySafe, we CAN provide a very safe, secure and nurturing environment for children in which life-changing ministry can take place."
First United Methodist Church
Are you ready to
prevent sexual abuse
at your church?